Want to start a ministry at your school? If you want to start Cru at a local high school or middle school campus, begin with these important steps:
1. Share in the Vision
Our most significant ministry happens when we train teenagers to become missionaries to their peers at their school. We call it “Win, Build, Send.”
Develop your Vision by answering these questions:
- After spending a significant amount of time in prayer and the Word, what needs of teenagers are most pressing on your heart?
- How would things be different if all teenagers at school would come to know Christ?
- What do you want to see God do at your local school? How do you want the school to be different 2-4 years from now?
2. Talk to a Coach
Share your vision with your local leaders, then call the Cru Coaching Center at 877-GoCampus (462-2678). You can speak with a personal ministry coach who is available to provide phone “coaching” or training, along with tools and encouragement – all for free.
If Cru already has a high school or middle school ministry in your local area, you can be directed to a staff person that leads the ministry there and find out how to be involved.
3. Apply to Volunteer
All those who want to be involved with an existing Cru ministry or who want to start a ministry and use the name “Cru” as a club name or for ministry activities will need to apply as a volunteer and be accepted.
4. Recruit a Team
After being accepted as a Cru volunteer, share the vision for your ministry with others and give them specific roles.
Begin to recruit a team by:
- Choosing the Right People for Your Team
- Working with Other Christians on Campus
- Host an Adult Informational Meeting
5. Create a Ministry Plan
Once you have a team in place, you can begin to create a plan for your Cru ministry, following these steps:
- Pray – Find others who will pray with you and for you.
- Scout the Campus – Learn the unique needs and ways of life at the school.
- Meet and Gather Students – Go to the campus or wherever teens hang out.
- Decode the Campus – Observe how students hang out in natural groups.
- Choose a Group to Reach
To download a file of a plan, or if interested in more, go to our Ministry Tools!
Call Pat at 407-826-2558 for more information about the Cru Coaching Center.