How to Apply for a Global Mission with Cru’s High School Ministry
Cru is a high school and middle school ministry (formerly known as Student Venture and Campus Crusade for Christ International). The application for a Global Mission uses an online system. Below are a few things you need to make sure to do.
1. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OLD, DOWNLOAD AND PRINT THE PARENT CONSENT PACKET.
Then give the packet to your parents. It includes a consent form that your parent must read, sign, and mail to our office. You will submit your application online but it will not be evaluated until the parent consent form is received.
2. IF YOU ARE OVER 18 AND OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL.
We are required by law to perform a background check on anyone over the age of 18 who is out of high school. After submitting your application you should receive an email for the background check. At that time please submit a check for $20 to Cru and mail it to; 100 Lake Hart Drive MC3200 Orlando FL 32832. If you do not receive this email then please contact us at [email protected]
3. CLICK ON THE “APPLY ONLINE” LINK NEXT TO THE MISSION YOU WANT TO APPLY FOR.
These questions will help you determine if you are ready to apply for a mission:
Once you click on “apply online” you will have multiple options for signing in. Use the one that will work best for you. Or, you can click “Sign Up” to create a user name and password to access your application. If you went on a mission last year, you can enter the user name and password that you used last year. Read the instructions carefully. Fill out the application. You will not need to fill out the entire application in one sitting. You will have the option of saving your work and coming back to it later. Provide 2-3 references.
You will need to select three people and have their email addresses handy when you apply, including:
- A peer/friend who knows you well. (This is required for college students and optional for high school students.)
- A spiritual leader. (This is required for everyone; preferably this will be a Cru/Campus Crusade for Christ staff person, or you may ask a pastor/youth pastor or adult Bible Study leader – someone who knows you well.)
- A parent/guardian. (This is required only for high school students.) Pay the application fee. This may be done online with a credit or debit card. Also, you may mail a check or money order (made payable to “Cru”) to Cru – High School / Global Missions / 100 Lake Hart Dr., 3200 / Orlando, FL 32832. Please do not send cash.
4. ONCE ALL THE REQUIRED COMPONENTS OF YOUR APPLICATION ARE RECEIVED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REVIEWED.
Your information will be reviewed carefully and held in the strictest confidence.
Subject to change. (Updated 12.15.13))
For additional information, please contact the Cru – High School Global Missions team at [email protected]