Here are some ideas to help you with See You at the Pole – held every year on the 4th Wednesday in September.
- Pass around an Attendance Sheet to help identify new students. Follow up these students by challenging them to be involved with your movement. Some students could be challenged to be Student Prayer Leaders on campus. For more info on starting an ongoing prayer movement, see Mobilizing Students to Pray.
- Who are your Most Wanted? Ask God to bring to mind the faces and names of those you want to pray for, asking that they would come to Christ. List their names one by one.
- Pass out a flyer announcing the date of your next prayer meeting or youth function meeting on campus.
- Prayer Triplets- 3 friends… Meet 3 times a week to pray…For 3 friends who need Christ.
- The SYATP Questionnaire – On the 4th Wednesday morning of September, students from all across the nation will be gathering at their flagpoles to ask God to move on behalf of their classmates and schools. These same students then can take steps of faith by talking through the SYATP questionnaire with fellow students. Present it interview-style rather than handing out the questionnaire. (How to Use a Questionnaire)
- Free speech rights on public school campuses by – American Center for Law and Justice
Also, ask your coach to review with you your Plan for “See You at the Pole.” Call toll free at 1-877-GOCAMPUS (462-2678)